Throughout Taste of Iceland in Seattle 2019, festival goers will have a chance to win a trip to Iceland! To celebrate 10 years of Icelandair servicing Seattleites, Taste of Iceland teamed up with the airline to bring Washingtonians a chance to win a fabulous 10-day trip to Iceland among other exciting, Icelandic prizes with the #SEAcloseup Challenge! From October 9-19, 2019, Icelandair representatives will be hosting the #SEAcloseup Challenge to test your knowledge of Seattle and Icelandair.
To play: On each morning of the contest at 9am, a close-up photo and clue of a Puget Sound area location will be posted on Icelandair’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts, each highlighting Seattle’s connection to her Icelandic sister city of Reykjavik. Comment your guess of the location – along with “#SEAcloseup” – by 4pm that day for the chance to win that day’s prize. Each day’s winner will be chosen randomly from all correct answers submitted across Icelandair’s social media accounts. Once each day’s winner is chosen at 5pm, Icelandair will reply to the winner’s comment and private message them through the platform on which they participated.
On October 19, 2019, the final winner of the #SEAcloseup Challenge will be awarded the grand prize of an amazing 10-day trip to Iceland. The award will handed out on stage at the free, 21+ Taste of Iceland concert “Reykjavik Calling,” at KEXP – Seattle Center. The award event will be live-streamed on the official Instagram account of Icelandair.
Check out the full list of prizes below:
- A fantastic 10-day grand prize trip to Iceland including round-trip flights, hotels nights courtesy of Icelandair Hotels, domestic flights courtesy of Air Iceland Connect and a six-day escorted tour courtesy of Iceland Travel
- A 2019 Iceland Airwaves vacation package courtesy of Icelandair, Icelandair Hotels and Iceland Airwaves
- A Blue Lagoon skin care product package, based on the active ingredients of geothermal seawater, allowing people to experience the benefits of this unique ecosystem, anywhere and anytime. Blue Lagoon skin care products are dermatologically tested. Ingredients and finished products are not tested on animals. Production technology is natural and green.
- A rare VIP tour of the Boeing factory floor and Customer Experience Center in Everett, WA. Enjoy an experience not available to the public. A V.I.P. tour of the Boeing Everett plant will be a hands-on experience, where typically only airline VIPs are on the actual factory floor, walking next to the family of Boeing wide-bodied aircraft. See first-hand how these amazing aircraft are designed and built. This one-hour tour will highlight the Boeing 747, 767, 777, 787 Dreamliner and the new 777X.
- A one-year supply of Icelandic Glacial Water
- A one-year supply of Icelandic skyr, courtesy of Icelandic Provisions
- Dinner for two at the Taste of Iceland restaurant venue, Cuoco, between October 17 – 20, 2019
- A private Icelandic cocktail class for five with Thorhildur Larentsinusdottir from Tapasbarinn Reykjavik, featuring spirits from Brennivin and Reyka.
To further celebrate, Icelandair will offer a 10% discount on flights with the promocode TASTEICE. Promotion is valid for tickets purchased between October 10-20, 2019 on reservations departing Seattle-Tacoma (SEA) between November 3-December 14, 2019 and January 7-April 30, 2020.
Check out the full Taste of Iceland program here and let us know if you’ll be participating in the challenge on Twitter or below in the comments!