In honor of the volcanic eruption on Iceland’s Reykjanes peninsula, Icelandair is offering a once-in-a-lifetime experience with its new Blue Lagoon and volcano hike package, starting at $699
After a 90-120 minute hike, you will reach the stunning volcano and see the lava flow for yourself. Once there, enjoy two hours of taking in mother nature’s incredible display of power and transformation before the 4.5 mile hike back. The hike is considered of moderate difficulty.
Prior to hiking, all participants should ensure they visit the Icelandic Department of Civil Protection and Emergency Management’s public guidance for hikers so they are fully prepared for the environments that can be expected and to help hikers stay environmentally conscious. Reykjavik Excursions, the operator of the Guided Iceland Volcano Hike, will follow the recommendations of Iceland’s Department of Civil Protection and Emergency Management.
After the hike and tour of the volcano, the trip will take you to Iceland’s famous Blue Lagoon complete with silica masks that make your skin extra firm, yet incredibly soft! Need more time to explore all Iceland has to offer? You can even extend your vacation at the time of booking to stay in Iceland up to 7 nights! From stunning glacial lagoons to continuing the volcano theme with Lava Tunnel tours, now is the time to head to the Land of Fire & Ice!
The package includes the following:
- Round-trip flights in Icelandair Economy Standard Class
- All taxes, fees and fuel surcharges
- Checked in baggage 23kg (50 lbs) and hand luggage 10kg (22 lbs)
- Three nights (minimum) accommodation in a standard room at your chosen hotel (extra nights available during the booking process)
- Breakfast included at selected hotels as noted during the booking process.
- Guided Iceland Volcano Hike tour at 1pm on Day 3 of your itinerary, including: transfers to/from your hotel, guided hiking tour with local guide, and free W-Fi on the transfer bus. Tour duration: approximately 8 hours.
- Blue Lagoon Comfort Experience tour at the departure time of your choosing on Day 4. Includes entrance to the Blue Lagoon, silica mud mask, use of a towel, and a drink of your choice. Pick-up times from your hotel: 8:30am or 12:30pm. Tour duration: approximately 6 hours, including 4 hours at the Blue Lagoon.
- Sign up for Saga Club and earn 3,400 Saga Points on return flights included in all Icelandair Holidays packages
Learn more about this offer and book your trip today here and let us know if you’ll be heading to Iceland in the comments below!