Thanks to everyone who came out for Taste of Iceland in Edmonton this year! Click here to see our photos from the events.
Taste of Iceland is coming back to Edmonton this spring in response to popular demand! This exciting cultural event will celebrate Iceland’s food, music, and film from April 9-12 to give Edmontonians a taste of what life is like in Iceland. Click here to RSVP on Facebook, and join the conversation on Twitter & Instagram by tagging @IcelandNatural with the hashtag #TasteofIceland.
Icelandic Menu at Characters Fine Dining | April 9-12
For the second year in a row, Characters Fine Dining will offer diners an authentic Icelandic menu! Chef Viktor Örn Andrésson, head chef at Blue Lagoon’s LAVA Restaurant, will collaborate with chef Shonn Oborowsky, owner and chef at Characters Fine Dining, to offer diners a one-of-a-kind menu featuring fresh ingredients flown in from Iceland and a special Reyka Vodka cocktail.
- WHEN: Thursday, April 9 – Sunday, April 12
- WHERE: Characters Fine Dining | 10257 105 St NW | Edmonton, AB | T5J 1E6 (Google maps)
- MENU: Click to view
- COCKTAIL: Click to here view the special Reyka Vodka cocktail
- PRICE: $79
- RESERVATIONS: 780-421-4100
Reykjavik Calling – Guitarama at Starlite Room | April 11
Award-winning Icelandic musician Bjorn Thoroddsen, hailed as “Iceland’s Guitar Hero,” will headline a special free concert, “Reykjavik Calling – Guitarama,” at Edmonton’s Starlite Room on Saturday, April 11. Icelandic artists Bjorn Thoroddsen, Beebee and the bluebirds and Jon Hilmar Karason will join Edmonton musicians Kim Lesaca, Dean Pierno, Bobby Cameron, and Clint Pelletier for a unique night of musical collaborations. Admission to the concert is on a first-come, first-served basis. Click here to RSVP via Eventbrite. 18+
- WHEN: Saturday, April 11 (first-come, first-served)
- WHERE: Starlite Room | 10030 102 Street Northwest | Edmonton, AB | T5J 0V6 (Google maps)
- PRICE: Free
- RSVP: Eventbrite
- FEATURED ARTISTS:
- Bjorn Thoroddsen (Iceland) | YouTube
- Beebee and the bluebirds (Iceland) | Website | YouTube | Facebook
- Jon Hilmar Karason (Iceland) | YouTube
- Kim Lesaca (Edmonton) | Website
- Dean Pierno (Edmonton) | Website
- Bobby Cameron (Edmonton) | Website
- Clinton Pelletier (Edmonton) | Website
Icelandic Film Festival at Metro Cinema at the Garneau | April 12
Discover the best in Icelandic film at Edmonton’s Metro Cinema at the Garneau, where Iceland Naturally will host a series of Icelandic film screenings on Sunday, April 12. Specially curated by the Reykjavik Shorts & Docs Festival, admission to the film screenings is free and on a first-come, first-served basis. Click here to RSVP and view the list of films that will be screened.
- WHEN: Sunday, April 12 | 2-5 PM
- WHERE: Metro Cinema at the Garneau | 8712 109 Street Northwest | Edmonton, AB | T6G 1E9 (Google maps)
- PRICE: Free
- RSVP: Eventbrite
- PROGRAM 1: Icelandic Shorts
- Sker – dir. Eyþór Jóvinsson – 11 mins
- Just Like You – dir. Lovisa Lara & Margret Buhl – 12 mins
- In the Pot – dir. Georg Erlingsson Merritt – 15 mins
- Swim – dir. Hilke Rönnfeldt – 8 mins
- Come to Harm – dir. Börkur Sigþórsson – 18mins
- No Homo – dir. Guðni Líndal Benediktsson – 16 mins
- PROGRAM 2: Icelandic Documentaries
- The Arctic Fox – dir. Guðbergur Daviðsson – 33 mins
- Herd in Iceland – dir. Lindsay Blatt – 28 mins
- Iceland Aurora – dir. Arnþór Tryggvason, Snorri Þór Tryggvason (Pétur K. Guðmundsson) – 27 mins
About Taste of Iceland
Taste of Iceland in Edmonton is presented by Iceland Naturally in cooperation with Icelandair, Reyka Vodka, Blue Lagoon, Visit Reykjavik, Icelandic Glacial, Promote Iceland, Brennivin, Borg Brugghús, Iceland Airwaves, Characters Fine Dining, Mercer Tavern, Starlite Room, and Metro Cinema at the Garneau.
About Iceland Naturally
Iceland Naturally is a cooperative marketing organization that promotes the tourism, services, products and culture of Iceland. Through events, promotions, and online marketing initiatives, Iceland Naturally introduces Iceland’s creativity and natural wonders to North Americans. The group is comprised of Icelandair, Icelandic Group, Islandsbanki, Reyka Vodka, Blue Lagoon, Visit Reykjavik, Icelandic Glacial, Promote Iceland, Keflavik International Airport (KEF), Landsvirkjun, Ölgerðin Egill Skallagrímsson, and the Government of Iceland.