March is just around the corner and Iceland’s capital, Reykjavik, is getting ready to host the DesignMarch festival, an annual event celebrating fashion, art, music, design and more. Between March 12th- 15th, Reykjavik will host numerous art and furniture exhibitions, architectural talks, open studios and fashion shows. The festival will showcase the best of the local design scene alongside recognized international names.
During this four-day festival, attendees will experience good music, amazing art, and the hustle and bustle of art enthusiasts and locals. Still not convinced? Here are a some reasons that should persuade you:
1. DesignMarch will open with DesignTalks, a series of talks lead by local and international designers and design thinkers on Play. This year’s confirmed speakers include: Jessica Walsh, Anthony Dunne, Walter Van Beirendonck, and Hilín Helga Guõlaugsdóttir.
2. DesignMarch is intimate, so you can’t help but meet and greet some of the industry’s superstars as well as mingle with the friendly locals. Plus, Reykjavik is small enough that you can do everything on foot and stumble upon art as you walk around town.
3. You can see exhibits in unique environments: Toppstöðin for example, is an old power station that is now home to art exhibitions.
4. Not only do you get to attend an amazing four-day long festival but you’ll also have time to explore majestic Iceland. We suggest you visit the Blue Lagoon, see the northern lights, and eat amazing Icelandic comfort food!
5. Icelandair is offering a special package for people interested in attending the festival, so it’s more affordable than ever. Flight and hotel packages start at $1,195 per person (double occupancy). Click here for more information.
For more information on the DesignMarch festival click here.