Calling all graphic designers, artists, music fans and Iceland enthusiasts! Iceland Naturally has just announced the Redesign Reykjavik Calling Contest and is seeking original poster designs for the Reykjavik Calling concert, the headlining event of A Taste of Iceland. Bringing a new edge to the unique concert series, Iceland Naturally is offering a grand prize of $1,000 for an original poster design to become the new look for upcoming Reykjavik Calling concerts!
A nod to the rock and roll anthem “London Calling” by The Clash, Reykjavik Calling is a concert that features unique collaborations between Icelandic and North American musicians and is held during the A Taste of Iceland weekend of cultural events throughout the year. Icelandic musicians travel to the host North American city, meet their local musician partners and perform collaborative, never-before heard sets for the Reykjavik Calling concert. As the main event of A Taste of Iceland, Reykjavik Calling concerts have taken place in Boston, Denver, Seattle and Washington D.C., and will be expanding to more in 2013. Click here to learn more about past Reykjavik Calling concerts.
To enter the Redesign Reykjavik Calling Contest, simply create an original poster design that promotes the Reykjavik Calling concert! Entries must:
- Positively promote the Reykjavik Calling concert and be adaptable for use to promote Reykjavik Calling in various cities in the United States and Canada.
- Refrain from violating the intellectual property rights of any third party. With the exception of Iceland Naturally, the entry should not contain a trademark or logo of another company, nor any copyright materials.
- Include the headline: “Reykjavik Calling”.
- Include placeholders for the following event details: “Date”, “Time”, “Location” and “Performers”.
- Include the Iceland Naturally logo, which can be downloaded here.
- Include the entrant’s name, email address, birth date, phone number, city and state in the body of the email submission. (Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and residents of the United States or Canada.)
- Include original artwork and be created using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Be submitted as one of the following file types: .jpeg, .tiff. or .png.
- Be 11” x 17” trim size, with .25” bleeds. Files need to be at least 300dpi or vector
From the entries received, Iceland Naturally will select a small pool of finalists to compete for the $1,000 grand prize. The public will vote for the winning poster design on the Iceland Naturally Facebook Page from January 31 – February 7, so finalists should recruit friends, family and the Iceland Naturally community to vote for their design!
What are you waiting for?! Enter the Redesign Reykjavik Calling Contest for your chance to win the title as the Reykjavik Calling poster designer and the $1,000 grand prize!
Need a little inspiration to begin your entry to the Redesign Reykjavik Calling Contest? Click here to view previous Reykjavik Calling posters.
Click here to read the contest rules and regulations.