The Icelandic Equestrian Association (Landssamband hestamannafélaga – LH) is an umbrella organization for all the riding clubs in Iceland. Founded in 1949, it is the oldest national association in the Icelandic horse industry.
The 2013 Icelandic Horse Festival kicks off April 4 in Reykjavik – see below for the full schedule!
Thursday, April 4th
- 5 PM – Opening ceremony in the National Museum of Iceland. (Click here for a map.)
Friday, April 5th
- Visit the riding clubs in the greater Reykjavik area. Feel free to come and visit the riding club of most interest to you, or simply the one nearest to you.
- Check out www.fakur.is – www.sorli.is – www.andvari.is – www.gustarar.is – www.hmfsoti.com – www.hordur.is
Saturday, April 6th
- 12-4 PM – A varied program in Húsdýragarðinum/Reykjavik Zoo & Family Park, including education on Icelandic horses from a farrier and more!
- 1 PM – Parade from BSÍ – around 150 horses gather for a dignified ride through Reykjavik’s city center.
- 8 PM – ICETÖLT – All the strongest competitors show up for a tölt competition on ice in Skautahöllin Laugardalur. (Click here for a map.)
Sunday, April 7th
- 1 PM – Æskan & hesturinn: A family show in Reykjavik riding hall at the Fákur riding club area
- 4 PM – Æskan & hesturinn: A family show in Reykjavik riding hall at the Fákur riding club area
Click here for more information!