Summer is finally here! That means dining alfresco in the sunshine – check out some ideas for dinner, dessert and a cocktail pairing from Icelandic Lamb, Icelandic Provisions and Reyka Vodka.
Barbacoa Lamb Tacos
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3tsp chipotle paste
- 2tsp cumin
- 2tsp oregano
- 1tsp ground cloves
- 330gr cooked lamb shoulder
- 1 bay leaf
- juice from half a lime
- Cut or pull the meat into small pieces and mix with chipotle paste, cumin, oregano and bay leaf.
- In a pan, fry the meat on high heat for five minutes and add chicken broth.
- Lower the heat and let boil until the broth and spices have incorporated into a thick sauce that covers the meat.
- Remove the bay leaf, add lime juice and blend.
- 1 cup harina corn flour
- ½ cup warm water
- 1tsp salt
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- In a bowl, mix the corn flour and salt.
- Add half of the water and mix well. add the rest of the water and oil and knead.
- Make small balls with the dough and press in a taco press or with a rolling pin.
- Use 27-30 gr of dough for one cake.
- Fry in a pan with a bit of oil.
- Serve with sauerkraut, sprouts, kimchi mayo, spring onion and salted peanuts.
- 2 parts Reyka Vodka
- 3/4 part Ginger syrup
- 1/2 part Lime Juice
- Shake and strain into iced Collins glass. Top with soda water. Garnish with a lime wedge.
For Homemade Ginger Syrup:
Combine 4 parts freshly pressed ginger juice with 3 parts sugar. Shake until sugar is dissolved.
Krímí Mixed Berry Skyrsicle
- 1 Mixed Berry Krímí Skyr Container (4.4oz)
- 2 1/2 tbsp Sugar (powdered or granulated)
- Whisk together krímí and sugar.
- Divide into two popsicle molds and freeze for a minimum of 3 hours.
What’s your favorite Icelandic-inspired recipe for summer? Let us know in the comments below.